Photo of an adult reading to a child
Fingerprinting Schedule

Child Care Licensing has equipped Utah's CAC agencies with LiveScan Fingerprinting machines.


You do not need to go through our agency for your fingerprints. There are other places, including local law enforcement or public safety offices that will take your fingerprints. We will be waiving the extra fee that is charged by these other places to take the prints saving you a bit of money, (around $10 to $20).


You can find out more information on Child Care Licensing's website at

Easy to understand information on what the Federal requirements are can be found on the Child Care Aware website:

Our schedule is posted here but please note we are doing fingerprints by appointment only.

You can call our office at 801-626-7837 or use the form found at this link: to request an appointment.


Monday: 8am - 10:45am

Tuesday: 8am - 10:45am

Wednesday: 1pm - 3:30pm

Thursday: 1pm - 3:30pm

Please note that our schedule may vary within any given week depending upon our workload and the schedule of our employees each week. We do have some flexibility, also depending upon the workload and schedules of our employees for any given week.

If our schedule does not work for you or you would like to have your prints done closer to home/work, you can have your local public safety office do them for you. Special Considerations:
  • Child Care Licensing is requiring us to verify payment for the background screening before we take any fingerprints. We will be checking your payment status at the time of scheduling. You must have the background screening paid for before we can scan your fingerprints.

  • Please allow time for traffic, and to park and find our office when considering your arrival. If you are later than 5 minutes past your scheduled time, you may need to reschedule.

  • We have a no-show policy.
    If you do not show up for an appointment and do not call in advance to cancel or reschedule, we will charge a $5 fee to reschedule your appointment.

  • When you come you will need to bring a government issued photo ID such as a driver's license, State ID, or Passport.

  • Check in at our office, WSU McKay Education Building, Room 13.

  • There is another agency at Weber State that does fingerprinting, you are welcome to use them, but be aware that they do charge a $20 fee to take the prints.

Care About Childcare - Weber State University

1351 Edvalson St Dept. 1309

Ogden UT 84408-1309
(801) 626-7837

Care About Childcare - Weber State University is a program of Weber State University's Jerry & Vickie Moyes College of Education's Child & Family Studies Department.

Funding is provided by the Child Care and Development Fund and the Department of Workforce Services, Office of Child Care.