On this page Center Directors, Family Providers, and all other Caregivers will find links to articles and websites that will help enhance the quality of their care.
This is just a sample of the resources we have pulled together in our office. If you have a topic that you would like information on that isn't posted on this page, give us a call at 801-626-7837, we will see what we can find for you.
Interactions with Children:
The following forms are for Center Directors, Supervisors, and/or teacher who wish to reflect on the activities and/or curriculum that they are currently using to improve the quality of their care.
- http://projectapproach.org/ - The Project Approach, a specific kind of project-based learning, brings a number of advantages to any classroom and represents best practices in 21st-century education.
- https://illinoisearlylearning.org/tipsheets/projects-overview/ - Preschoolers like to investigate! They enjoy learning about the world around them. The Project Approach involves children in studies of things nearby that interest them and are worth knowing more about.
- http://www.naeyc.org/ - National Association for the Education of Young Children. Promoting high-quality early learning by connecting practice, policy, and research.
- https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc - Head Start Early Childhod Learning & Knowledge Center
http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/ - Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning. CSEFEL is a national resource center funded by the Office of Head Start and Child Care Bureau for disseminating research and evidence-based practices to early childhood programs across the country.
- http://www.earlychildhoodnews.com/ - Earlychildhood NEWS is the online resource for teachers and parents of young children, Infants to age 8.
- http://perpetualpreschool.com - The Perpetual Preschool provides teachers with over 50,000 free themes, pre-k curriculum, prek lesson plans, and online workshops to further early childhood education.
- http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/resources.htm - Preschool learning activities, themes and ideas that enrich year round early childhood curriculum
- http://www.educationworld.com/a_earlychildhood/ - This community has been created to celebrate and support the creativity and dedication of all those who participate in the education of young children.
- http://www.prekinders.com - Hands-on learning activities & printables to inspire young minds. Serving Pre-K teachers, parents, & kids.
- http://atozteacherstuff.com/ - A to Z Teacher Stuff is a teacher-created site designed to help teachers find online resources more quickly and easily. Find lesson plans, thematic units, teacher tips, discussion forums for teachers, downloadable teaching materials & eBooks, printable worksheets and blacklines, emergent reader books, themes, and more.
- http://preschool.uen.org - Preschool Pioneer is a part of Utah's Online Library. There are several ideas and math and reading activities for preschool aged children. Most are free to access. Those resources that require a username and password can be accessed for free with the username premedia and password learn1.
- http://challengingbehavior.cbcs.usf.edu/ - The Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children (TACSEI) takes the research that shows which practices improve the social-emotional outcomes for young children with, or at risk for, delays or disabilities and creates FREE products and resources to help decision-makers, caregivers, and service providers apply these best practices in the work they do every day.
- https://www.zerotothree.org - As you explore this website, you will find the resources you need to build healthy relationships with infants and toddlers, grow your skills as a professional and become an advocate for change.
https://www.virtuallabschool.org/ - The Virtual Lab School empowers professionals as they build their knowledge and skills around research-based practices in child and youth care and development.
We are in the process of refining this page. Check back later for more and/or better organized resources!
Care About Childcare - Weber State University is a program of Weber State University's Jerry & Vickie Moyes College of Education's Child & Family Studies Department.
Funding is provided by the Child Care and Development Fund and the Department of Workforce Services, Office of Child Care.